Marsh & Co. was a renowned San Francisco jewelry store and gallery famous for creating fine jewelry using matte-finished blackened patinated steel set with diamonds, gold, pearls, and other gemstones. Founded in 1876, Marsh originally began as an importer of Asian antiques and art. In the 1930’s they began making the blackened steel jewelry for which they are now renowned. This jewelry shows the influence of the Art Deco movement in its design along with Asian origins of their gallery, particularly in its use of pearls, jade, and coral. Marsh closed their San Francisco store in the mid-1980’s.